Thursday, January 8, 2015

Glory flowing through us (by grace, of course)

"As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east, the spirit lifted me up, and brought me into the inner court; and the glory of the Lord filled the temple." Ezekiel 43:4-5 (NRSV)

"Now let them put away their idolatry and the corpses of their kings far from me, and I will reside among them forever." Ezekiel 43:9 (NRSV)

Does any one of us want to live forever with someone who disrespects us, hurts us, and can only focus on self-gratification?  God does.  He wants sinners to live forever with Him.  The grace that God extends to us cleanses us and empties us from sin.  God longs to fill us with His glory, and He asks only one thing of us, and that is to put Him first.  

We cannot contain the glory of God, but God can pour through us like a channel.  When we empty ourselves of our self-centered ways, we can become a channel for God's glory to pour through us easily.  Below is an excerpt from an old hymn that illustrates this concept.
 
Channels Only

How I praise Thee, precious Savior,

That Thy love laid hold of me;

Thou hast saved and cleansed and filled me

That I might Thy channel be.
 
Channels only, blessed Master,

But with all Thy wondrous power

Flowing through us, Thou can use us

Every day and every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment